GPS issues - A tale of two Yarbos

Yarbo #1 SB failed me over the winter so Y#2 was added as backup. This spring for a couple of weeks LM mode worked both on well. Last couple of weeks Y#1 has multiple GPS issues and unable to finish a plan despite both having similar positioning on DC; Y#2 finished as a champ. Troubleshooting yielded no improvement including: rebooting, swapping/switching antennas (even the new improved antennas) and switching between RTK and DC. My concern this is a core problem since all being equal, Y#2 is going like a champ. Ticket in with overload of information no response for almost 6 days. My only consolation is buying Y#2 as my back up. Any thoughts? I think this is a core replacement; little embarrassing the neighbors letting my wife know while I am at work the “robot needs rescuing.”

@Yarbo-Forum needs be all over this one. You have some invaluable data points with two units behaving differently in the same environment.

Hi there,

I’m sorry for the delayed response regarding your ticket. I’ve reached out to our support team to review your case. We kindly ask for your patience while we investigate the issue thoroughly.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am still waiting…no response. I am not frustrated as I was over the winter when the SB when out since only had one Yarbo then. But having 1/2 out of commission for so long without a response on analysis and possible resolution is an issue.

The Rule of Yarbo:

  1. Buy one - keep a backup (LM/SB) because it will fail and anger/frustration will build with delay in Yarbo support…intolerable
  2. Buy two - faster lawn/ snow care with less time in supervision; one will fail with minor inconvenience of more time spent…Yarbo support delay is tolerable
  3. Buy three - the sweet spot of fast snow/lawn care and can sell back-up equipment - Yarbo support delay is a minor inconvenience
  4. Buy four - now no worries; back-up of the back-up…couldn’t care less on the delay of Yarbo support…too bad you are now broke!

You might be on to something. Maybe that’s been their plan all along, for use to buy more.

Could be the reason they won’t sell us any replacement parts.

Today was an embarrassing day for Yarbo. Took screenshots from Yarbo of my neighbors making videos and taking pictures of my one defective Yarbo with GPS issues. Was using the remote control and kept losing signal. With volume I heard them commenting on the “$4K” cost.

They don’t realize that we consumers are their “influencers” by our purchasing their product. I am not embarrassed because they must think I am a rich fool but it is certainly not selling itself to the neighborhood.

On the other hand, everyone at work is intrigued that I am working and mowing at the same time; I don’t relay all the issues I have been having.

I hope this company really gets their act together.

For sure. My neighbor was thinking of getting one. I calmly tried to explain that it’s not as simple as I make it look. They’re the type that expect to turn something on and walk away forever. Couple that with currently broken software and customer support issues; I can’t in good conscience pull a neighbor into this. I do enough unpaid support here
:slight_smile: The difference is it’s on my schedule not middle of the night calls that it’s stuck or stopped with an error.

Your response on this forum was 19 days ago and still no action. Multiple consumers are reporting the same gps issues similar to the SB issue this past winter but no blanket statement from Yarbo concerning this issue.

I have an extended warranty on this. Under the warranty, a new core should be shipped and the prior core shipped back with Yarbo troubleshooting the old core at its leisure. In effect, Yarbo is slowly running out the time of the warranty with these delays. Unless Yarbo is willing to extend the warranty for each time there is a report until the issue is corrected, this is not right given the multitude of malfunctions occurring.

It has been 30 days since I submitted a ticket for loss of gps in one of my Yarbos. Once a week, there is a useless reply by Yarbo without any resolution in sight. This past week the response was the issue is map drift. The issue isn’t map drift. There is a loss of GPS so when I was troubleshooting I switched between the two docks, one Yarbo handled the switch the other just compounded the problem.

There is always an excuse for the delay. I have an extended warranty and have troubleshooted the issue to the best of my limit. I have two Yarbos…one is working great while the other has a gps issue that makes even reassigning the dock difficult because it can’t locate its position accurately.

Please send me a replacement core and take this one back…you should be able to identify the issue more easily than I. This is the purpose of the warranty.

Thanks.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will follow up with the FSE to provide an appropriate solution as soon as possible.

Thanks so much for your help.

Six weeks later, refurbished Yarbo sent. 2nd Yarbo back in business and I am grateful. Let’s see how long it takes to send shipping labels to return the old one.

Support can take there time with answering, 10 days or more sometimes, but once you receive a replacement device, they will send you a email about shipping the old one back every single day, that for sure they don’t miss.

That is 100% fully automated.

I get it, but an email everyday is just a bit excessive.

Oh I hear you. I do think they have a problem with people not sending stuff back though. Which leads to them not having enough refurbished cores and whatnot to send back out. So I guess I understand both perspectives of it.

You got to give a person time to try the new one to make sure it even works before they send back their old unit.

Wouldn’t be an issue if so many weren’t failing.

They supposedly used to have a policy of replacing the core or module to get the user back up and running quickly. So maybe that is a factor here. Hard to say if that is even a thing anymore. If it is, then it distorts the view from the end user perspective about the stability of the hardware vs firmware. I can deal with firmware issues because those can be fixed more easily.