Not receiving firmware update for core

I recently purchased a Yarbo Y model, core, data centre and some other modules.

My core came with Firmware 3.12.0 It has not updated since then.

It has good connections to the Internet.

Is there a way that I can force it to request an update? Perhaps the firmware push is needed?

SN 26070103Y8HHV015

Open a ticket with support and they can push it for you.

#240431

I was expecting that after I first unboxed it and set it up that a firmware update would happen so that it was at least current.

But that didn’t happen.

I’m surprised in this day and age that the core can’t poll to see if a new update is available.

If it truly waits for a push, with the risk that the push is missed, then perhaps a “feature” to request a push could be added?

Did you connect the core to wifi? If so then disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and restart.

Yes they need to revamp how updates are done. It should auto update but sometimes something on the backend doesn’t go right and they have to intervene.

I have connected it to WiFi.

Alas, I am away from home so disconnecting the battery for 5 mins is beyond my virtual abilities.

Is connecting it to WiFi an “No No”?

I could block it on my router.

If it is brand new and not connected to the data center yet, then you need to have it on wifi to get the firmware update.

If you can’t do a battery pull, then waiting on support might be your best bet.
Stopping the app sometimes helps too.

It is for general use. Despite what support will tell you. You can remotely forget the WiFi network though.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and help. I am now receiving updates.

I can’t wait to get home!