I am running APP: 3.19.7 with Firmware: 3.14.20 for a Yarbo Pro module.
The background story is after upgrading to various versions of the Android APP, firmware versions and hotfixes, I began experienceing GPS quality issues, which caused me to purchase new RTK Pro antennas for the Rover. I installed them using the low profile mounts. My original Data Center is roof mounted at approximately 25 feet, as it has been since I first purchased the Yarbo.
Unfortunately, the GPS quality issues persisted, and as a result the Yarbo went out of bounds into thick brush, which broke the Pro antennas off their mounts. Fortunately, I was able find the antennas in the thick brush, and then use a small screwdriver to remove the broken portion of the threaded connector from the antennas. Subsequently, I purchased two flexible RTK antenna mounts and installed them today along with the RTK Pro antennas. The new flexible mounts sit higher, and I was thinking GPS reception would improve. Unfortunately, that is not the case.
Now for the issue(s):
The Halo signal is strong and green and the GPS qualitly is green with accuracy at 0.00 feet. However, the Diagnostics screen shows zero satelites.
The Yarbo will sit for nearly an hour and sometimes more during a Work Plan, waiting for GPS to recover. What a time waster.
This is my second cutting season using Yarbo and I am experiencing more issues with GPS this year than last year (I experienced no GPS or out of bound, or NGZ incursions last year), despite having installed various upgrades.
I have attached some diagnostic screenshots from the Android app to help illustrate. The pics pasted out of order, but you can use the time in the upper left of each pic to match the corresponding map with the diagnostic screen.
Have any of you experienced similar behaviors, and do you have any suggestions?
Did you replace the cables in the core that go to antennas? The pieces you removed were the ends of the cables and now you may not be getting good signal.
Agree with B-Mod. You may not be getting good connection now. I’d definitely submit a ticket with Yarbo and they will help you sort it out. I would also tap that yellow details under RTK in diagnostics and check your CNR values on your DC. That might be the culprit.
Thanks for the reply. The male cables from the Yarbo rover screw into the mounts. The mounts themselves have a female crew connector that the RTK antenna screws onto. That’s the part that broke off. The Rover cables were never compromised.
If the DC CNR is 36 or below or less than 40, it could be the issue. Would also help to see your HaLow signal strength in the areas you are having issues. Needs to be less than -80 (closer to zero, the better).
I checked the RTK Details and measured satelite signal strength. All the CNR measurements are currently under 40 as the following screenshot indicates.
The Rover is at the far end of one of my fields (out of bounds), but there is a strong Halo signal there. I hope the flexible antenna mounts held up.
I think we found a potential issue and that is most likely your DC RTK antenna. I would suggest replacing that with a spare or one of the Pro ones. If it is not out in the wide open or is partially obstructed, it could also explain the poor CNR. If it is wide open with a full 120 degree clear view of the sky, then probably the antenna. The other thing you could try is switching to NetRTK and see if things improve. That would prove out that it is the DC. Just make sure you have good GPS on the dock and are charging when switching. Back up your maps just in case and you will need to correct for map drift after switching.
I will swap out the Data Center antenna with one of the Pro antennas from the Rover first. The DC is on the roof at about 25 feet high with an unobstructed view of the sky. Hopefully the antenna swap will get the DC back in the game.
I will delay switching to NetRTK to avoid the map drift correction work. Meanwhile, I’ll definately back up my maps now (for a little insurance - Hey ya never know ).
Better yet, I’ll order another RTK Pro antenna and install that on the DC. That will be a roof project for next weekend. I’ll update the thread with my progress. Thanks again for your sage advice.
Hi there, I’m really sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been experiencing. I’ve checked our support system but couldn’t find a ticket related to this issue.
Please feel free to submit a support ticket so our team can investigate further. Also, we’d appreciate it if you could keep us updated on the results after replacing the RTK antenna on your Data Center.