Well I went to do the lawn and got a new firmware notice… i reluctantly installed… Unit started mowing … Robot Then quit… App quit … Asked me to add a yarbo … Eventually it returned after 10 minutes of no network, can’t communicate bluetooth, dc missing…
Now the robot is in the middle of the area between my property an my neighbours… Dead… Red lights blink dimly … Button on robot does nothing… App says no network.. can’t fid datacenter … Meanwhile datacenter restarted and happy green light.
Charge the battery with the wired charger until you see a green light on the charger (may take up to 24 hours) and then hold the power button for 60 seconds when turning the unit on.
I managed to get a ticket opened… Basically the firmware ignores battery level and runs robot until dead… I retrieved the unit and did the wall charger yesterday… Now I do zones separately… I really really want to opt out of firmware updates… Original robot when received 2 years ago was great until the updates started… Now its a sht show every time…
That was not my experience Friday. Yarbo was mowing and needed to go back to charge at 20%. When I checked the status in the app, it seemed to be off the dock and said it was updating. First 2%, then 56%, then finished. OK I thought why wasn’t I prompted? Sent it back out to finish mowing. All seems OK, except it is still showing 3.13.15.
Any support tickets? Perhaps they pushed the same firmware again to you to possibly address any issues? However, I’ve only ever seen the updating prompt when I tapped update in the app.
Hi there, I’m really sorry to hear about the issue you experienced after the firmware update. I understand how frustrating it must be to have Yarbo stop in the middle of the yard and lose connection unexpectedly.
I’ve checked your support ticket, and it has already been escalated to our FSE team for further investigation. I’ll help follow up on this case to make sure it receives proper attention and moves toward a resolution.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work on getting this resolved.
It seems to me, after getting an “upgrade” you need to unplug the battery and start again with a cold boot. Mine was turning on with the button and turning off as soon as you released it. A cold boot fixed it and now it’s booting up faster than it ever did.
If it turns off immediately when letting go of the power button, you have to hold the power button for 60 seconds and it should stay on after. You should normally only have to quickly tap the power button and it will boot up.