NetRTK providing poor granularity of position

I decided to try out a recent work around to gain greater connectivity range by switching to NetRTK and unplugging the DC

The connectivity is fine, but my app is showing me as having position granularity of 329 ft.

Is there something I should do to correct this? I have the robot sitting in the middle of my pasture under clear skies. But to no avail.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Did you switch to netRTK in the app? You must do that first, and I would leave the data center hooked up, as it will still talk to the rover. And you need it for video unless you have super strong wifi.

Hey B-Mod,

Yes, I did.

The whole reason for doing this was so that I could unplug the halo and force it to stay on 4G or WiFi all the time. I’ve got significant halo coverage issues and the lag time switching back-and-forth in those weak areas makes it very difficult to use.

I’m only planning to use the Net RTK mode when I need to go do detailed manual work or map editing in those week coverage areas.

Gotcha, just wanted to be sure you weren’t trying to use it all the time like that because your cell usage would be very high if your wifi is not very strong.

What was your HaLow signal strength where it was at? Can you connect to it outside of bluetooth range? If not, that’s your issues. It needs internet for NetRTK to work. If it didn’t have a path (HaLow, WiFi, 4G), then it won’t work and show the deviation like that.

I didn’t check. I finally gave up and plugged the DC back in and continued work.

A little later in the night it tried to drive under a fence so I manually drove it back to the charger did a map drift correction and decided to call it a night. One night of lost productivity won’t kill me, and everything is better in the morning.

Yes, any time you switch between either positioning mode, you must correct for drift afterwards. The map will shift by up to 5ft.

Hi there, as Bryan mentioned, please perform a Map Drift Correction each time you switch between the two positioning modes.

I just reread your question again. Yes, I was able to connect to it just fine. It was staying stable on 4G.

I’ve been using Netrtk for sometime now and I prefer it to using the DC station only. When I switched I did keep the DC station connected because of the Internet connection. I have a large wooded lot with no grass but lots of leaves. Prior to Netrtk Yarbo would drop signal and have to wait for awhile, however since I switched its like the little engine that could.

Ah. Different scenario for me. It’s the internet connection from the DC that can’t reach all of my property, so I was trying NetRTK and unplugging the DC as a work around to force a constant connection via 4G just while doing detailed manual work at a distance.

I was just doing a test run last night and will try again during the daylight if the weather holds. The thunder is rolling right now.

@Yarbo-Forum @bryan.wheeler ,

Just for clarity do I perform at map drift correction in both directions, or just when switching from NetRTK to DC?

Thank you,

Jeff

Both. Two different reference points, so it shifts the map whenever you switch.

OK, thank you. So my test run last night was doubly invalid.

I will rerun the test today.

I’m a bit concerned that all of the switching back-and-forth might result in me losing the hours of work that I spent yesterday reprogramming my trimmer edges. I will Think positive! :blush:

Just make sure you are perfectly aligned in the dock and you should be fine.

Unable to do a map correction when on NetRTK. It’s Overcast outside so maybe I need to try again on a clear day. Diagnostics show weak signal if I understand them correctly.

Correct need status to be 4 and quality to be.9xxxxxxx.

I’d try a reboot or wait a bit. It appears like you don’t have a data signal (internet) and that’s why it’s not working.

OK, so unless it gets better during a clear day net RTK is not gonna be an option for me. Unless of course, I would be willing to relocate my dock, but that’s not a very desirable option to me.

NetRTK should be better than your DC in most cases. Something else is going on.