NetRTK providing poor granularity of position


Quite a few holes

The map says that I do.

I didn’t have time to rerun netRTK tests today to document and submit a ticket because I got engrossed in trying to master the nuances of getting my new blower to clear all my pine cones and needles in my front yard.

That’s a goal for tomorrow. :blush:

So, for reasons I cannot explain, I have changed nothing, now netRTK is working as advertised.

So… step two of my testing is about to commence. I have unplugged my DC, and have dispatched my Yarbo to the nether regions of my property, where Halo cannot connect to see if I am now able to connect reliably there. Very excited at the prospect! (yes, I get excited about strange things, I know)

Not sure if you know this or not, but if you are looking at the data from Yardstick later, you can at the top choose different times for data collection, so if you just want to see what it did today, click on “today” at the top area of the screen.
That way all the data on the map is just for today so it is not mixed with old data.

Yes, thank you. I’m doing that right now as I watch my Yarbo trek to those nether regions on 4G! (so excited that it is working!!)

Look at my baby go!

So the test finished successfully, so I sent it on its first actual job.

Within a few minutes it lost its GPS lock and the RTK status went back to 1. It also lost 4G connectivity and was having trouble executing the plan. Fortunately, I had the safety settings turned on so that when I walked up close to it, it stopped moving around and blowing.

By pressing the power button for 6 seconds I was able to get it to connect via BlueTooth so I could turn log recording on and drive it manually back to the charging dock.

Then suddenly… you guessed it… the GPS lock came back and the RTK status returned to 4. It has since recovered 4G as well. I turned log recording back off and am submitting a ticket.

Ticket: #247216

You are a patient soul sir. Something is not right with Yarbo or your configuration and it’s sometimes very difficult to isolate this kind of thing remotely. @Yarbo-Forum needs to step up here and put a lead tech on figuring this out for you. They can see much more data than we can.

Thanks for submitting a support ticket. I’ve helped escalate your case to our FSE team for further investigation.

Thank you for your patience while we work to identify the cause and get this issue resolved for you.

Hi Yarbo-Forum and thank you for your help.

I’ve already heard back (perhaps in part due to your help). It’s my understanding that the issues that are being encountered by my machine are due to poor internet connectivity.

My understanding is that when connected to NetRTK and 4G, the cellular signal is not sufficiently strong and stable enough for the system to consistently operate as designed.

I think if I stick to my original plan of just using NetRTK and disconnecting the DC to do manual work and map editing in places Halo can’t reach, it should be workable. But, I will need to reconnect the Datacenter and it’s wired connection to the internet to reliably execute work plans.

I sincerely appreciate the help and support provided by all.

Best,

Jeff